- I played my flute for the first time in ages. It felt so good to play again and my kids enjoyed listening and thought I was so good … nice words to hear for this rusty player.
- We have been enjoying walks through our local wooded park. It feels like an escape from the city life, even if just for 30 minutes.
- The doll dress I knit for a birthday gift fit the doll and was a success!
- It’s pancake night. I love not having to think about what is for dinner because it is Friday and Friday is pancake night!
- I have plans to warp my loom this weekend. I am still a complete novice so even just having it warped feels like an accomplishment.
- I wound yarn, with my expert helper, to make more slippers.
- I made lavender sachets for Valentine’s Day gifts with leftover bits of fabric and they were a hit. I love how just a little effort can make someone else happy.
- Still working on the doll dress but it is progressing, which is making me happy.
- I started reading Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin. A copy has been sitting on my shelf forever and I finally picked it up. The full-color illustrations are pure Grace Lin beauty and make the book feel extra special.
- We are big fans of hot pretzels and so we decided to make our own pretzel bites. Tasty!!
I’m not gonna lie, it’s been a difficult week. Nothing earth shattering or even a little serious, just the type of week where a glue bottle explodes and the soap dispenser ends up in the trash can and you end up running around out in the rain with your kids because you all can’t stay in the house one more minute. But then the mud …
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies You don’t have to be vegan to love the recipes that come from Isa Chandra Moskowitz, especially when they taste like this!
- Crocus I love seeing these little flowers pop up in my garden. Walking around my neighborhood I spotted an entire yard full of them; it’s magical.
- Knitting I am still knitting away on the second doll dress. The first dress is wrapped, packaged, and on it’s way to a birthday celebration.
- Listening I listened to a tape recording from a family event that took place ages ago, heard voices I haven’t heard in years, and it made me laugh.
- Reading I usually have at least two books going, one fiction and one non-fiction. On the fiction front I am enjoying the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich; perfect bedtime reading as long as I don’t get laughing too hard.
What is making your week a bit happier?
- Embroidery scissors. I have loved these little bird scissors ever since I was small, watching my mom use them to snip threads after doing repairs on my stuffed animals. They were her Gram’s before that. I smile every time I use them!
- Beginning again. I cast on another doll dress in a different color combination. Fun pattern but even more fun making someone else happy.
- Acceptance. I have come to accept that my goal of 400 charity knits by the time I turn 40 is not realistically going to happen. Of course I will continue working toward my goal of 400 charity knits and be happy that I am doing what I can to keep others warm … it just may not happen until I have been 40 for a bit, or even 41.
- Tasty reminder. Elderberry jam on toast. A special treat that reminds me of a recent trip to see family.
- Vacation planning. We just made plans for a vacation later in the year. I can’t wait! Now what knitting will I pack?
What is on your happy list this week?