- I wound yarn, with my expert helper, to make more slippers.
- I made lavender sachets for Valentine’s Day gifts with leftover bits of fabric and they were a hit. I love how just a little effort can make someone else happy.
- Still working on the doll dress but it is progressing, which is making me happy.
- I started reading Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin. A copy has been sitting on my shelf forever and I finally picked it up. The full-color illustrations are pure Grace Lin beauty and make the book feel extra special.
- We are big fans of hot pretzels and so we decided to make our own pretzel bites. Tasty!!
Some time ago I bought a Ribband kit from the talented designer Laurie Nelkin. I worked on it for a while but had a hard time getting in the groove (I was going through a period of parental sleep deprivation that made the beads and tiny needles a little hard to focus on!). Recently I picked it back up and it flew off the needles. I loved working with the beads and it made the perfect birthday gift. The kit came with plenty of yarn and beads, a bead threader, the clasp, and a small bag to organize it all (and re-use as a gift bag). The directions are well-written and easy to follow. Wear it as a necklace or bracelet, it is definitely versatile. I look forward to knitting up more of Laurie Nelkin’s designs!
1. I found this super easy pattern for slippers to knit for 400 by 40. I have been knitting up the child size in an unlabeled brown yarn kicking around my stash. Bonus: stash busting!2. Snowshoeing! So much fun! We took a day trip to find snow and it was such an amazing day. I can’t wait to go back!
3. This zippered bag (perfect for holding some knitting notions) that looks like a library date due card. I worked in a library through a good chunk of high school. Check out their website for other great literary-based gifts. Bonus: they donate a bit to charity for each purchase.
4. This hat used up the ends of two skeins and it was super quick and easy. Another hat to donate for 400 by 40.
Hope you are having a lovely week!